|Alternative Title||Development and impact factors of Prosocial Behavior of 12-18Year Old Left-behind Children|
Left-behind children is a unique child population appeared in the period of rapid economic development and society shifting in Mainland China. The issues pertaining to the left-behind children, especially their social adaptations, obtained increasing attention from the public during the last two decades, and the special attentions are from developmental psychologists.
The development and its impact factors of prosocial behavior of left-behind children aged from 12- to 18-years old were investigated in the present study. 8029 children (include 2103 left-behind and 5926 regular children) from North, North-East, North-West, Central, South- West, South, and East China participated the investigation. The prosocial behavior tendency of these children was measured with Chinese version of Prosocial Tendency Measurement (PTM) revised by Kou and her colleagues. Meanwhile, children's personal information, such as boarding in school or not, only child or not, having an independent room or not, and parents' education levels, as well as children's attitudes about their parents' relationship, living standard, situation of family life, expected highest degree of education in the future, being spited or not, and enough pocket money or not, was collected with the questionnaires employed in the national project "The psychological development of child and youth and psychological counselling techniques duringchanging society" supported by National Key Technologies R&D Program and conducted by the Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The data were analyzed by SPSS20.0.
Following results were obtained:
1) Developmental trend: The prosocial tendency of either left-behind or regular children appeared declining first then increasing from 12- to 18-year old groups with the lowest at 13 years old for left-behind cohort and the lowest at 16 for the regular cohort. The differences between left-behind and regular children in most age groups were not significant except age 13 andl4 groups (left-behind children's PTMs were lower than the regular's).
2) Differences between left-behind and regular children on PTM total and sub-scales: The difference between left-behind and regular children on total scores of PTM was significant (the scores of regular children were higher than left-behind children's), and also significant on sub-dimensions of public and synonymous, but not significant on emotional, dire, altruistic and compliant dimensions.
3) Gender differences: In general, the total PTM scores of female students were higher than that of male students, and a significant gender difference was found in regular children, but not in left-behind cohort.
4.) Geographical differences: There were significant differences on PTM between different areas. PTM of left-behind children from Northeast China, Central China, and Northwest China were significantly lower than their regular peers from relevant areas, and the differences of PTM between two cohorts from other areas were not significant.
5) Effects of objective factors about children's family: The effects of 'boarding or not', `only child or not', `parent's educational levels', and having an independent room or not' on the PTM of both types of children were significant except the effect of father' educational level on the PTM of left-behind children was not significant
6) Effects of subjective or emotional factors about children's family and life: The effects of children's `physical health', `subjective attitudes about their parents' relationship', `subjective living standard', `satisfaction of family life', `expected highest degree of education in the future',`enough pocket money or not', and `being spited or not' were significant except the effect of `subjective living standard' on left-behind children's PTM was not significant.
|Keyword||留守儿童 亲社会行为 发展 地区差异 家庭社会背景 主观认知因素|
|Place of Conferral||中国科学院心理研究所|
|陈宁. 12-18岁留守儿童亲社会行为的发展及其影响因素[D]. 中国科学院心理研究所. 中国科学院大学,2015.|
|Files in This Item:|
|陈宁-硕士学位论文.pdf（6037KB）||学位论文||限制开放||CC BY-NC-SA||Application Full Text|
|Recommend this item|
|Export to Endnote|
|Similar articles in Google Scholar|
|Similar articles in Baidu academic|
|Similar articles in Bing Scholar|
Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.