The aim of this research is to explore the tendency of needs and its influential factors in counselors at present time．Three studies were carried out: study 1 was to find out the tendency of needs and the structure of needs in counselors. Study 2 was to compare the needs between counselors and non-counselors, in which 64 subjects were students majored in psychology but they don’t want to counsel.Study 3 was to initially explore the relationships between the tendency of needs and its influential factors. Studies of the 1 and 3 selected 123 counselors. It was found that:
1. The results of EPPS in counselors: according to comparison between original marks, the number of subjects who range first from high to low was: introspection，change，dominance，nurse，order，succor，affinity=autonomy，achievement，endurance，heterosexuality，deference，aggression=exhibition=abasement ; according to means of original marks, the tendency of needs from high to low was: introspection，achievement，nurse，autonomy，change，succor，endurance，dominance，order，affinity，aggression，exhibition，deference，abasement，heterosexuality. The lower one of the counselors were needs of aggression, exhibition，deference，abasement and heterosexuality，the high one are introspection，nurse and change．The most difference was achievement need.
2. Dilemmas had no significantly different effect on the needs of counselors, but sexuality and age affect them in some factors. There were significant differences in the factors of deference, exhibition and nurse among different ages. Counselors married had higher tendency of obedience, autonomy, introspection, nurse and endurance than those unmarried.
3. The results of EPPS in non-counselors: according to comparison between original marks, the number of subjects who range first from high to low was: endurance，order，change=dominance，autonomy= introspection=nurse，affinity，succor，aggression，achievement，heterosexuality，exhibition=abasement，deference; according to original marks’means, the tendency of needs from high to low was: nurse，endurance，achievement，order，introspection，change，autonomy，dominance，affinity，succor，aggression，exhibition，abasement，deference，heterosexuality. The lower one of the counselors were needs of aggression, exhibition，deference，abasement and heterosexuality，the high one were introspection，nurse and change．The most difference was achievement need.
4. There were significant differences in the needs of abasement and introspection between counselors and non-counselors. Male counselors and non-counselors had significant differences in the factor of abasement. Female counselors had higher tendency of succor needs.
5. The differences of childhood traumas and positive life events were not significant. The positive and negative life events themselves had no significant differences, but negative life events had marginal significant difference between the two groups.
6. The marks of counselors were lower than non-counselors in the factors of neuroticism.
7. Counselors and trainees had no significant differences among other needs、childhood traumas、life events、personality and coping styles except in the deference need.
8. The result of multiple estimation of EPQ , CTQ and EPPS were related．Many specific life events were related with the tendency of many needs. As shown in the research, children’s traumas, characteristic and life events may affect needs chiefly.
9. There were close relation between characteristic and childhood traumas in counselors. Especially the subjects with more childhood traumas had higher tendency of psychoticism, neuroticism and introvision. There were few persons with much high scores on the Childhood traumas in the subjects．Their personality characteristics indicate high extrovision and low psychoticism．Their childhood traumas may affect the shape of sound personality．
1. The most important tendency of needs were introspection，nurse and change．
2. The differences of childhood traumas and life events were not significant between counselors and non-counselors. The marks of counselors were higher than non-counselors in the factors of introspection, but lower in the factor of neuroticism．
3. The main influential factors in counselors of needs were childhood traumas、characteristic and life events.