Institutional Repository, Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
|Alternative Title||Research on Subjective Well-Being of Middle School Students and its Influential Factors|
|Place of Conferral||北京|
|Keyword||中学生 主观幸福感 家庭环境 生活事件 个性|
Subjective well-being (SWB) refers to people’s evaluations of their lives and it consists of three dimensions: life satisfaction, positive emotion and negative emotion. Based on a pre-investigation on middle school students’ cognition and comprehension to SWB, the present study is intended to design and administer Middle School Students’ Subjective Well-Being Scale and aims to explore SWB in middle school students as well as the main impact factors which includes family environment, life events and personality. In addition, the structure model between SWB and its main impact factors is built and summary of Findings for this Study can be drawn as follows:
(1) The Middle School Students’ Subjective Well-Being Scale is designed to contain two parts: The Total Subjective Well-Being Scale and The Multidimensional Life Satisfaction Scale. The Middle School Students’ Subjective Well-Being Scale has been proved of high reliability and validity.
(2) In general the level of middle school students’ SWB is a little higher than mean level on the whole. Nevertheless，a small proportion of students are testified to be low in SWB. A characteristic in grades has been found in development of SWB in middle school students，which concretely exhibits that level of SWB is proved to be in a gradual decrease while grade goes up. And significant sex differences are also revealed to be existing in total SWB, life satisfaction, family satisfaction, study satisfaction, friend satisfaction, live conditions satisfaction，with female subjects significantly higher than male counterparts.
(3) Family environment is believed to be significantly related to SWB in middle school students, degree of familiarity is validated to be significant predictor to SWB，similarly stress from studying and interpersonal intercourse are also among significant predictors to SWB. Whereas the stressed life events are born out to be negative significantly related to SWB.
(4) Personality factors are intimately tied to SWB in middle school students. Extraversion, neuroticism, self-esteem, self-efficacy, locus of control and active coping styles are significant predictors to SWB. In all these personality traits, self-esteem, neuroticism, problem resolving are the strongest predictors to SWB. The present study indicates that students with high scores in SWB are generally characterized to be of such personal features as extraversion, lower neuroticism, high self-esteem, self-efficacy and internal control as well. Resorting to problem resolving, seeking help and self-regulation coping strategies are their usual ways when dealing with difficulties.
(5) It is proposed by the present study that family environment indeed influences SWB with mediated effect by life events and personality. The results concludes that family environment deals more effect on personality than on life events while personality inflicts more effect on SWB than life events do. In addition，life events influence personality directly.This present research provides a general status of Chinese middle school student’ SWB and inquires the relationship between SWB and objective and subjective influential factors. In addition，this study is confirmed to take on the theoretical significance to enrich research on adolescents’ SWB and practical significance which is constructive to improve life quality of adolescents.
|丁新华. 中学生主观幸福感与其影响因素的研究[D]. 北京. 中国科学院研究生院,2003.|
|Files in This Item:|
|丁新华学位论文全文.pdf（806KB）||限制开放||License||View Application Full Text|
|Recommend this item|
|Export to Endnote|
|Similar articles in Google Scholar|
|Similar articles in Baidu academic|
|Similar articles in Bing Scholar|
Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.